Make it easy!
We all know the mantra about making life easy for our customers. If we make it easy for them to do business with us, they’ll do more business with us. So, I was excited to hear that your customers can now buy your products, tickets or services without having to leave Facebook Messenger.
In the Dark Ages…
Friends could send money to their pals within Messenger. Maybe they owed money for that Drinks Round last night or concert tickets next month. Within one click they could send money to their mates.
But businesses found it tricky to make this work on an e-commerce basis.
Businesses can now sell within Facebook Messenger. The transaction happens there and then without the need to click through to a separate website.
Why is this exciting?
- People already trust Facebook – they’re buying within a platform they already know, like and trust…. not on a scary website they’ve never been to before.
- Some of the customer details can be ‘prefilled’ into your checkout form, so it makes it really quick and frictionless to buy from you.
- You can sell within an ‘automated flow’ – an autoresponder sequence that, once set up, doesn’t need a human on hand to process the ‘pitch’ and order placement. It’s like having a 24/7 salesperson working for you.
- You can tag a customer – meaning you label them depending on where they came from and what they bought. Allowing you better upsell further along the relationship (Hey, we know you bought x. Have you thought about y?)
What products will this work for?
- Impulse Purchases
- Consumables – send alerts when they need to restock (e.g. coffee pods)
- Upsell products
- Maybe ‘Free & Shipping’ Offers
- Retargeting Cart Abandons
Give it a test and let me know how you get on.